Coronavirus (COVID-19) Home Support
Information for patients
Tailored home monitoring and health coaching support to patients with chronic health conditions who are concerned about Coronavirus.
Why have you been invited to this service?
You have been selected to receive information about this free service as, it has been identified that you may be somebody who could benefit from healthcare support related to the current Coronavirus issue. (COVID-19). Your health coach, who will be a registered Healthcare Professional (Nurse, Occupational Therapist or Paramedic) will support, monitor, reassure and empower you to take control of your healthcare during the current COVID-19 pandemic. The service is available to you for free, funded by the NHS.
How your health coach will help:
Your health coach is a specially trained nurse or healthcare professional. They will work with you on a one-to-one basis, looking at your health and how to protect yourself from Coronavirus (COVID-19). Then with you, they will devise a personalised support plan to help you to:
- Address specific issues in your health which may increase your susceptibility to Coronavirus.
- Provide support, advice, and reassurance to help you manage your health at this time.
- Identify the best NHS resources to support your specific health needs at home.
- Help you better understand and manage your specific conditions, medications and treatments.
- Coordinate and communicate with other health and social care services where needed.
- Gain knowledge, skills, and confidence to improve your health and quality of life at home.
The health coaching sessions take place by telephone at a time that suits you. The coaching process runs for between 2 and 3 months, depending on your needs. Of course, if you change your mind, you are free to leave the coaching process at any time.
Within the next day or so you will receive a telephone call from one of our Health Coaches to discuss your specific worries around Coronavirus and determine which level of the coaching programme is suitable for you. In the meantime however, if you would like any more details or information, please do not hesitate to contact us and we will be more than happy to help you.
Who we are:
We are Health Navigator, an organisation that has been contracted by the NHS to help patients through the current COVID-19 pandemic. We have worked with the NHS on other projects since 2015, and since then we have successfully helped and supported over 3,000 people in the UK. Our service is scientifically proven to improve your health, your quality of life, and confidence.